Tuesday, December 28, 2010

You will know...

It all happens when you turn into a new decade or semi-decade where you are mostly referred to as of "marriageable age" when it seems that everyone and everything in converging into you and graphically if I see myself I feel like I have shrunk into the smallest possible element that is visible (because I so wouldn't feel like the powerful photon that creates the nuclear reactions!)

So yes, coming to terms with the arranged marriage thing for an eternally romantic person is a task which is extremely difficult to describe in words. Put together, all I can vaguely define it as not-a-very-pleasant feeling! Siggghhh...why do we even have to go through all of this. Some people really vouch for it. My cousin, and to my luck, we are the same age - so you can well understand what it becomes and what it makes of my life- she willingly opted for the arranged way and I obviously unwillingly have to opt for this. She seems extremely happy and it seems all so beautiful but still am not comfortable with this style for some strange reasons. I wouldn't really say love never happened to me but then it more than anything else, didn't go beyond just admiring someone and hence I would appropriately call myself here -loser!

So I ask this absolutely admirable couple I know (love marriage, of course!) about life, marriage and all the blah and how did they know! The big question - "How did you know!" oh sorry I missed the appropriate punctuation mark (?) but then it is more of a surprise for me than a question. Its a puzzle and I always wonder if I could ever solve it anyway! They just smile, look at each other (there is this beautiful twinkle in their eyes which they exchange) and say, you will know..

My question to all these wonderful couples who are happily married or would be married soon is that what is the hit ratio of your "you will know" concept? I mean I am always puzzled that okay say for once I will know but then what if this Mr. Right of mine doesn't at the same time! How would it work out then? I know and he doesn't! How could one know its beyond a mere like or infatuation and how would I know I would want to be with this person for the rest of my life and more importantly how would I know he feels the same way - wants to spend the life with me wants to know me!

One night I was just struggling with these questions and I listed out all the odd hows I wanted MY Mr. Perfect and not just The Mr. Perfect would want to know etc etc

Actually sometimes we do know but its difficult to confess, to come to terms with it, to believe...to think of it I think I know but the odds are the same...does anyone else know - that exactly one anyone else!

1 comment:

Daydreams said...

Arranged or not, in the marriages that are admirable, atleast one person starts with the lowest expectations, not of Mr or Miss Perfect. If you want Mr.Perfect, you'd have to make a checklist and publish it.

And you put it perfectly. It's difficult to believe, to confess. But if you think you know, the odds are, he knows too. Maybe he missed the "twinkle" in your eyes. Show it to him.